Demeter – Goddess of Agriculture and Soil
- Alignment: NG
- Favored Weapon: Scythe or Sickle
- Favored Animal: Pig
- Symbol: Cornucopia
- Portfolio: Goddess of Agriculture and Soil
- Domains: Cavern, Creation, Earth, Feast, Gluttony, Good, Plant
- Favored Race: No Favored Race
- Description: Goddess of fertility, agriculture, nature, and the seasons. Symbols include the poppy, wheat, torch, cornucopia, and pig. Middle daughter of Cronus and Rhea.
Demeter was born to Cronus and and Rhea, however, she was promptly devoured by her father after childbirth. She was freed when her brother, Hades, poisoned Cronus and caused him to disgorge her and Hestia. Demeter landed in a field of grain and was found by a farmer. The farmer raised Demeter as his own and taught her about farming and agriculture.
Hades, Zeus and Poseidon searched out Demeter and found her among the fields of grain. They convinced her that she needed to join thier fight against their father and the other Titans. She agreed and gathered an army of farmers. Her brothers laughed at her army, after comparing them to thier own. However, it was Demeter and her farmers that spread the knowledge of farming to everyone. This knowledge is what kept the other armies fed during the war.
Demeter married one of her commanders, Karmanor and bore children for him. She is also the mother of Persephone with her brother Zeus.
Her followers are generally farmers.